Please note that if your device is "hacktivated" or "jailbroken," push notifications will not work.
Not hearing tones?
If you're on iOS 6 Make sure you have turned "Do not disturb" OFF in your settings!
If you're on iOS 5 or earlier First try to turn up your ringer volume while IN the app. If this doesn't work or if you aren't getting notifications at all, continue reading the instructions below!
Pinger uses the Push Notification feature on your device to provide alerts when you are outside of the app. To enable push notifications, you must be on iOS 4.0 or later. You must have enabled push notifications in your Settings menu (This is the General Settings menu for your device, not the Pinger options menu!). You must also turn on the sound, badge, and alert options for Pinger.
1) Go to the "Settings" menu on your device
2) Enter the "Notifications" menu
3) Make sure that "Notifications" is set to "On"
4) In the Notifications menu, you will see a list of all your apps that use Push Notifications. Enter the notification options for "Pinger".
5) Turn on the "Sounds," "Alerts," and "Badges" options for Pinger
Push Notifications require a persistent internet connection in order to work. If lose your network connection (i.e. wi-fi, 3G/EDGE) or your connection is weak, then your push notifications will not come through.
How to change notification style in iOS 5
In iOS 5, the notification system is changed so that by default, all notifications will be shown at the top of your screen in “banner” style. Read the instructions below if you'd like to change how you see notifications.