If you are experiencing notification problems with Textfree we have a few things for you try. Let’s make sure we have the basics nailed down.
Make sure your phone has an Internet connection
Please double-check the following settings to make sure you’ve allowed your Textfree app to receive push notifications.
- First, go to the Settings menu within your Textfree application
- Check the “ring tone” and “text tone”
- See that you have a tone selected for both
If these settings are correct within the application, and your sounds still aren’t working, please ensure that your device’s sound settings are turned on.
Here’s how to check:
- Go to the Settings menu on your device
- Tap “Sounds”
- Ensure that the “silent” mode is off and that the volume is up
Notifications require a persistent internet connection in order to work. If you lose your network connection, or your connection is weak, then your notifications may not come through.
If all settings are correct and you are still not receiving your notifications, please perform a clean install of Textfree:
Note: We no longer support or offer Textfree on Android OS versions 4.0 or below, therefore, you should NOT delete or reinstall the app. Textfree will no longer be available in the app store for OS versions 4.0 or below.
- delete the app,
- **restart your device** (most important step)
- reinstall the app from the iTunes or Google Play app store
Still not receiving notifications, send us an email with the following details to email@example.com :
- Phone number
- Contact’s phone number
- Exact date and time of the message(s) where they did not receive a notification