Are you receiving an email that says "Reminder: Inactive Numbers Can Expire?" Your number and minutes can expire based on a couple of factors. See below for more information and how you can keep your number active.
To keep your number active:
- Open up the Textfree app and text or call one of your contacts within a 30 day period
If you don't have access to your device:
- Use Textfree Web to send a message to keep your number active
- Install the app on another device to log into your account
What won't keep your account active?
- Replying to the warning texts you get from Textfree
- Receiving texts or calls from your friends
- Sending picture messages
Why do numbers expire?
Our system automatically recycles phone numbers to new users after an extended period of inactivity. We notify you via email when this is about to happen, so you won't be surprised. This is why it's important to verify your email address with our system so that you know if you are close to losing your number due to inactivity.
- Your minutes will expire if/when your number expires
- If you are not receiving the emails, make sure to check your spam folder as it might have got stuck there
Questions? Submit a request.