Note: Single Sign-On accounts cannot update their email address in TextFree. Please contact your provider to make changes to your Google or Apple account.
You can update your email address at any time when logged into your account. You can change your email via the TextFree app or TextFree Web.
Via the TextFree app
- Log into TextFree mobile. (If currently logged out.)
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account Info.
- Tap your email.
- Delete your old email.
- Input your new email address.
- Tap Save.
- A pop-up message will display informing you that we just sent a verification email to your new email address.
- Locate the email with the subject line "Verify your email" > open it.
- Tap the Verify My Email button to verify the email for your TextFree account.
Important: Please verify your new email at this time (steps 9-10 above) in case you ever forget your password and need help resetting it in the future.
Via TextFree Web (desktop)
- Log into TextFree Web.
- Click on your current TextFree number in the upper right corner of the screen.
- View Account Settings.
- Under Profile, click on the box with your current email address.
- Type in the new email address you would like to be associated with your account.
- Once you've completed steps 1-5, follow the steps below to verify your email address.
To verify your email address
- Below your new email address, click (this will send a verification email to your new email address)
- Locate and follow the instructions in the email to verify the new email on your account.
Please Note: Changing your email address does not change your username.
Questions? Submit a request.