Welcome! We're happy to see you've made it to this page :)
This article will help you get started using Textfree! One of the first questions you might be asking is "Is it really free?"
The answer is YES! Textfree is completely free for our users. Send and receive free texts and calls to all your contacts! Minutes are required for outbound calls to non-Textfree users, but guess what? You can earn minutes for free, too!
Click on any of the points below to help you get started:
- Sending a message
- Send a group message
- Placing a phone call
- Earn OR purchase more calling minutes
- Sending and receiving pictures
1. From within your inbox, tap the new message icon along the top toolbar.
2. Your new message screen will have a search bar along the top where you can begin typing the name or number of your contact.
To learn how to add, edit, or delete your contacts click here
3. If you begin typing, your contact's name will appear in a drop down list. Tap on their name to add them as the recipient
4. Now, type your message in the designated section, then tap the paper airplane icon to send your message
1. Add or Edit the group photo
2. Change the group name
3. Add more people to the group
4. Leave the group
Call with Textfree and save money!
A few money-saving tips:
- Calls to other Textfree or Pinger users are always free!
- ALL incoming calls are free!
- Want to make a call to a friend who isn't using Textfree or Pinger? Click here to learn how to earn free minutes!
There are a few ways to place a call
Holding your finger on a conversation
Placing a call through your contact list
From the Dial pad
1. To place a call from your dial pad, tap the phone icon at the top of your inbox
2. Enter the phone number you'd like to place a call to then tap the green call button!
*Again, make sure you have a consistent 'HD' or 'excellent' quality signal for best call quality results
To learn how to earn or purchase minutes click here
Adding more minutes to your account is easy! Keep in mind that you can earn rather than purchase minutes for calling!
*Remember, minutes are only required for outbound calls to your friends who aren't using Textfree or Pinger. All incoming calls, and calls between you and another Textfree or Pinger user are free!
*You can choose to watch videos for free minutes, complete partner offers for free minutes, or you can purchase minutes.
1. watch video to earn minutes: watch a short promotional video to earn 2 calling minutes
2. more ways to earn minutes: complete offers from our partner, Tapjoy's offer wall (seen below)
3. buy minutes: purchase minutes from your app store
Not seeing the minutes you earned or purchased?
Whoops! Sorry about that. Click here for instructions on what do to.
Sending a picture message works just like sending a regular text message with Textfree!
From the message screen, tap the paper clip icon on the bottom left hand corner to choose a picture from your camera roll, or take a new photo.
*Make sure you have allowed Textfree access to your photos
Hope this helps get you started using Pinger! If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org :)