Welcome! We're happy to see you've made it to this page :)
This article will help you get started using Textfree! One of the first questions you might be asking is "Is it really free?"
The answer is YES! Textfree is completely free for our users. Send and receive free texts and calls to all your contacts! Minutes are required for outbound calls to non-Textfree users, but guess what? You can earn minutes for free, too!
Click on any of the points below to help you get started:
- Sending a message
- Send a group message
- Placing a phone call
- Earn OR purchase more calling minutes
- Sending and receiving pictures
1. From within your inbox, tap the new message icon along the top toolbar
2. Your new message screen will have a search bar along the top where you can begin typing the name or number of your contact.
To learn how to add, edit, or delete your contacts click here
3. If you begin typing, your contact's name will appear in a drop down list. Tap on their name to add them as the recipient
4. Now, type your message in the designated section, then tap the paper airplane icon to send your message
5. After sending, your messages will appear in a conversation thread like this!
1. From your inbox, tap on the new message icon to start your group
2. Begin typing the name of one your contacts into the search bar. Tap on their name to begin a message
3. Now, continue scrolling through your contacts, or type out the name of a contact, to add more people to the group
4. Once you've chosen all the contacts you want included in your message, type your message and tap "send"
5. After sending your group message, tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner to edit group details
6. On this page you’ll be able to d a couple of things to the group:
1. Add or Edit the group photo
2. Change the group name
3. Add more people to the group
4. Leave the group
Call with Textfree and save money!
A few money-saving tips:
- Calls to other Textfree or Pinger users are always free!
- ALL incoming calls are free!
- Want to make a call to a friend who isn't using Textfree or Pinger? Click here to learn how to earn free minutes!
There are a couple ways to place a call
- From you inbox
There are two ways to place a call from your inbox
Holding your finger on a conversation
1.Hold your finger down on the conversation attached to the number you want to call.
2. A green bubble with a phone will appear where your contacts photo was. Keep holding your finger down until the call connects
Swipe to the left
1. Swipe the conversation connected to the number you want to call to the left
2. A menu with several feature options will show up, tap call
From within a conversation
1. To place a call from within a conversation, tap the conversation in your inbox
2. Once in the conversation view, tap on the call button in the top right corner
When the call is connecting, make sure you have a consistent 'HD' or 'excellent' quality signal for best results - this will show in the upper left corner during the call
Placing a call through your contact list
1. To place a call through your contact list, tap the phone icon at the top of your inbox
2. You can tap the contact you wish to call to immediately connect you
Or, you can swipe the contact to the left and tap call
From the Dial pad
1. To place a call from your dial pad, tap the phone icon at the top of your inbox
2. From here, tap on the dialpad icon
3. Enter the phone number you'd like to place a call to then tap the green call button!
*Again, make sure you have a consistent 'HD' or 'excellent' quality signal for best call quality results
To learn how to earn or purchase minutes click here
Adding more minutes to your account is easy! Keep in mind that you can earn rather than purchase minutes for calling!
*Remember, minutes are only required for outbound calls to your friends who aren't using Textfree or Pinger. All incoming calls, and calls between you and another Textfree or Pinger user are free!
1. Once you've logged into your account, tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of your screen
2. From there, tap the "Get Minutes" option
3. You can choose to watch videos for free minutes, complete partner offers for free minutes, or you can purchase minutes.
1. watch video to earn minutes: watch a short promotional video to earn 2 calling minutes
2. more ways to earn minutes: complete offers from our partner, Tapjoy's offer wall (seen below)
3. buy minutes: purchase minutes from your app store
Not seeing the minutes you earned or purchased?
Whoops! Sorry about that. Click here for instructions on what do to.
Sending a picture message works just like sending a regular text message with Textfree!
1. If you're sending a new message, tap the new message icon in the upper right corner of your inbox
2. Your new message screen will have a search bar along the top where you can begin typing the name or number of your contact, if you begin typing, your contact's name will appear in a drop down list. Tap on their name to add them as the recipient
3. From the message screen, tap the paper clip icon on the bottom left hand corner to choose a picture from your camera roll, take a photo, or send an emoticon.
*Make sure you have allowed Textfree access to your photos
4. If you tap the “Choose From Gallery” option, your photos will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap the picture you want and it will appear above the text box. Once you have the picture that you want, add some text and send it to your friends.
Hope this helps get you started using Pinger! If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact our Support team at email@example.com :)