As per our policy, your number will expire after 30 days of inactivity. "Inactivity" in this sense means that you have not sent a message or made an outgoing phone call in a 30-day period.
However, we do send a warning to your verified email address letting you know that your number is nearing expiration and that is one reason why it is so important to provide a valid email address when you sign up for a Textfree account.
To keep your Textfree number active:
- Send a text or place an outgoing phone call to a Non-Textfree Contact within a 30-day period.
- Subscribe to our 'Reserve Number' Feature (additional monthly fee)
Actions that won't keep your number active:
- Receiving a phone call
- Receiving a message
- Sending a message from your Pinger email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your number has expired:
- Open up the Textfree app
- Choose a new number from a list (search for the area code)
- If your number has recently expired, you might be able to see it at the top of the list
Important: Once your number expires, so do your minutes.
Note: If you do not see your expired number in the app (when it prompts you to choose a new one), this most likely means that that number is not available to use at this time.
If you have further questions, please submit a request.