In our most recent iOS version of Textfree (11.38.x), you're likely seeing more messages and conversations in your inbox than you may have seen in the previous version(s) of the app. This is because we are now storing messages and calls for longer. No longer do you need to worry about your messages or calls being cleared out after deleting and reinstalling the app, we're holding onto them for you.
You're experiencing slowness, lagging, or crashing upon launching the app or moving between conversations.
- You're an iOS user
- You're on Textfree Voice or Textfree Ultra version 11.38.x
- You've recently updated the app
- You may have a lot of messages and conversations in your inbox
Cause and Resolution
You might experience an initial slowness or sluggishness when updating or reinstalling the app if:
- You use Textfree frequently
- You have a large number of conversations and messages
This is due to the fact that we're working behind the scenes to download all your messages, calls, and voicemails into your conversations.
What you can do
We ask that you simply wait an extra minute or two if you've:
- launched the app for the first time after updating to a new version OR
- reinstalled the app
This will give us time to download and provide you with all your calls and messages. Once they've all been downloaded, any performance related issues should subside.
If you continue to experience ongoing performance issues (crashing, slowness, lagging, freezing), please let our Support team know by submitting a request.