IF YOU ARE RECEIVING HARASSING OR THREATENING TEXTS OR CALLS, AND YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE IN PHYSICAL DANGER, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT IMMEDIATELY.
Using our services for abusive behavior is explicitly against our terms and conditions. Anyone caught harassing or threatening others will have their account disabled immediately.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let our support team know about any Textfree users that are abusing our service.
If you are using Textfree and would like to block a number:
- Take a screenshot of the offending text message(s)/calls, prior to following the additional steps. Note:Once you block a user, the entire conversation will be removed from your inbox and you will not be able to retrieve those deleted messages.
- Set the block from your Inbox: a. Swipe left on the conversation
b. A couple of options will show, tap the block option
c. A message will pop up confirming that you want to block this person. If you do, tap block
If you are NOT using Textfree, and you'd like to block a Textfree number:
- Take a screenshot of the offending text message(s)/calls, prior to following the additional steps.
- Text STOP to the number you wish to block. Do not include anything else in this message(be sure to remove any signature in the message).
- We will autoreply back to you with a message asking you to confirm. Once you confirm, this will completely block this user from sending messages to you. They will be unaware that you’ve set a block against them.