Sending a picture message works just like sending a regular text message with Pinger. Please follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below.
To send picture messages:
- Tap the 'new message icon'
- Type the name or number of your contact(s)
- Tap on the Camera icon to take a photo, or choose one from your camera roll
- Choose either Camera (take a new photo) or Photos (to choose from camera roll)
- After you've taken or chosen your picture, a small thumbnail of the image will be added to the text field
- Click 'Send'
Important items to note:
- Pinger does not support sending nor receiving picture & video messages (MMS files) to and from Canadian numbers.
- There is an 8 MB limit when sending pictures or videos. Anything over this limit may be resized which may distort the image or video.
- There's also a 100-second limit when sending a single video. At times, we compress larger videos when sending/receiving which may result in a lower quality video, but we include a downloadable link for a high-resolution version.
- If you attempt to send a video that is longer than 100 seconds, it will not deliver successfully (and you may receive an "unable to send" error message)
Questions? Submit a request.