It is important to verify your email address on your Textfree account in instances where you need to recover your login credentials.
Remember: Verifying your email is required if you ever forget your password
- Instructions for Android if you forgot your login credentials
- Instructions for iOS if you forgot your login credentials
Please see below for the contents covered in this article:
Why do I need to verify my email address?
When you create an account, we will send you a verification email to the address you used when signing up. It is important that you use the email you have access to when signing up as you will need to access the email in order to verify your account.
In order to obtain login credentials in the future should you need to contact support, you will need to have a verified account to show that you are the account owner.
Important: Without this verification, we will be unable to assist you and provide any account information.
How do I verify?
- Find the email with the subject "Welcome to Textfree!" in the email address you used when creating your account
- Click the 'Verify my email' button in the email
- You will see a pop-up stating that 'Your email address is verified'
If you are having trouble viewing your verification email:
- Make sure all aspects of the email are downloaded.
- This may require you to click "download images," or "allow images."
- After you have completed Step 1:
- A button/link to verify your account should appear
- If not, please forward the exact email to email@example.com along with your Pinger number and username.
- From there, a member of our Support team can verify it for you.
Questions? Submit a request.