Pinger needs permission to access your microphone to make/receive phone calls, set custom voicemail greetings, and record videos.
If you are having trouble hearing the person on the other end of the call (or vice versa) then you might have microphone access disabled for the Pinger app.
Important for iPhone users: If your device has iOS 14 or above, enabling microphone permission is required in order to receive incoming phone calls to Pinger.
Please see below on the ways you can confirm that you have microphone access enabled.
- Have someone call you. If you receive the call and were able to answer and hear the person on the other line (audio) you have microphone permission enabled currently
- View your app permissions: Device settings > Scroll to TextFree and click > if you see microphone permission and there is no green bar next to it (disabled) you will need to swipe right to enable
To enable access to your microphone:
- Go to your app 'Settings'
- Tap 'Support'
- Choose 'Manage Permissions'
- Swipe right to enable microphone access (if disabled)