We have an exciting new subscription available in the iTunes store (app version 11.72) by the name of Pinger Plus. Pinger Plus takes the previous 'a-la-carte' subscriptions (Reserve number, Remove Ads) and combines them into one bundled service.
Check out the information below for what features are included in the subscription, pricing, as well as how to subscribe.
What's included in the subscription
1. Unlimited Calling
This feature gives you unlimited calling, meaning you no longer need to earn or purchase minutes to make calls.
Note: The same calling rules apply for Pinger Plus as they do with anyone using the app with earned or purchased calling minutes.
For more information on calling in Pinger, please visit our Help Site articles:
2. Reserve your Number
Keep your Pinger number permanent without the worry of losing your number due to inactivity with a Pinger Plus subscription.
3. No Ads
Your Pinger app will be free of ads with a Pinger Plus subscription.
4. Change your Pinger number
With a Pinger Plus subscription, you have the ability to change your number more than once.
To change your number within the app:
- Pinger app 'Settings'
- Tap 'Account Info'
- Tap the three dots next to your Pinger number (far right-hand side)
- Tap 'Change Pinger Number' >
- Tap 'Continue' (to confirm the number change process)
- You can then choose a new number (and search for specific area codes etc)
5. Shortcode/verification code support
With a Pinger Plus subscription, you will be able to use your Pinger number as a way to validate registrations with various entities (whereas before this was not an option).
- Pinger doesn’t limit the types of phone calls you can receive. However, certain companies might not allow you to use your Pinger number for verification.
- This is not something that is imposed from our end, so we recommend contacting the service provider who is sending the verification texts to see if they support Pinger phone numbers.
You can get all the great features and functionality seen above for $4.99 per month.
Benefits of Pinger Plus
- Easy to manage the features you care about in one bundled subscription as opposed to having to subscribe to multiple features.
- Call friends and family members for as long as you want to without the worry of running out of minutes
- No worry of losing your Pinger Number
- Ad-free experience
- Ability to change your Pinger number daily
How to subscribe:
If you have an existing 'Reserve Number' subscription:
- You will be automatically enrolled in Pinger Plus as there is no increase in price and you now receive more features and functionality than ever before.
- Important: You will not see any additional subscriptions when this change occurs as the Pinger Plus subscription is simply replacing your existing subscription for Reserve Number.
If you do not have an existing 'Reserve Number' subscription:
You can subscribe to Pinger Plus by performing the following:
- Access Pinger app 'Settings'
- Tap UPGRADE 'Pinger Plus'
- Tap 'Subscribe' to sign-up for Pinger Plus
- You will see 'Thanks for subscribing' which means you have successfully subscribed to Pinger Plus
Note: You can check your Pinger Plus subscription renewal date at any point by following the steps above.
If you have further questions or need assistance upgrading to Pinger Plus, please submit a request.