TextFree Web allows you to send and receive messages from your computer, without the need for a mobile phone!
Note: TextFree Web does not support texting to international numbers.
To send a new message:
- Sign into TextFree Web (if you don't have an account, you can sign up here)
- Click the compose message icon in the upper-left corner
- Enter the contact name to search or enter the complete number into the To: field
- Locate & click the contact/number from the drop-down list or click enter once you've typed in the number (the name/number display in purple when successfully added to the new message)
- Type your message into the text field
- Once you've composed the message, click or press 'Enter' to send the message
Note: If you use TextFree for mobile, those contacts don't automatically sync to TextFree Web, thus you will not be able to search (seen in step #3 above) unless there is an existing message in your inbox. Learn how to automatically sync your contacts using our Google Contacts sync feature.
To send a message to an existing conversation:
- Locate the existing conversation in your inbox and click on it
- Type your text message into the text field
- When done, click the button
To rename the conversation:
- Click on the small triangle to the right of their number to view contact edit options > Click rename
- Other options: Set Text Tone, Delete Conversation, or Block Number
Questions? Submit a request.