IF YOU ARE RECEIVING HARASSING OR THREATENING TEXTS OR CALLS, AND YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE IN PHYSICAL DANGER, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT IMMEDIATELY.
Using our services for abusive behavior is explicitly against our terms and conditions. Anyone caught harassing or threatening others will have their account disabled immediately.
What to do if you are being harassed:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let our support team know about any Pinger users that are abusing our service (please provide their Pinger number as well)
To block a contact:
- Login to TextFree Web
- Click on the arrow alongside their name or number under your current conversations
- The last option you'll see in the dropdown is to "Block Number"
- When you click this, you'll see the following popup to confirm the block (click it):
- Blocking a contact will not remove/delete the conversation. A will display to the right of the phone number in your inbox to show you have that number blocked currently.
- If you delete the conversation you will lose any previous messages within that conversation and will be unable to retrieve them from TextFree Web or within the TextFree app.
- Note: Pinger will be unable to retrieve any message content once the conversation is deleted. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
To unblock: Simply send a message to the phone number and the block will be removed.
Questions? Submit a request.