FYI: We only support service to US and Canadian residents while they are within the United States and Canada at this time. If you reside outside of the US or Canada, you cannot create an account. We apologize for any inconvenience.
To create an account, you will need either:
- An email address that you have access to (so we can verify your account).
- Your single sign-on (SSO) login info if you have a Google, Apple, or Facebook account. (Please view the current SSO options prior to creating an account.)
Step 1: Download Pinger and choose your sign-up method
- Download & install Pinger for iOS.
- On the Welcome to Pinger screen, select your preferred sign up option (choose one):
- Continue with Apple or Google* - this option will use single sign-on to create an account & for future logins.
- Continue with Email - this option will use your current email address to sign up & for future logins.
*Apple or Google sign-up: This option uses your Apple or Google password, thus you will not be required to create a TextFree password.
Step 2: Set up an account and choose your number
- After you have selected your sign-up method, you'll need to allow the app access to your location (so you can choose a local number).
- A pop-up will prompt you to "Allow Pinger to access this device's location?"
- Tap Allow.
- On the Choose Your Number screen, enter your desired area code, then tap Continue.
- You will then be presented with a list of numbers you can choose from (or you can search for a specific number set to see if available)
- Pick a number from the list, then select Choose this Number.
- Tap Confirm if you are happy with the number you chose.
- Next, please enter the following information:
- The email you wish to be associated with your account. (Be sure that you have access to this email.)
- Create Password. (ensure it's a secure one).
- Gender (optional).
- Tap Confirm Account when complete.
- On the pop-up, click "I understand" to complete the signup process and be taken to your inbox.
And that's it! You have now completed the signup process and can start using Pinger. Check out the Getting Started section for tips.
- If you're on iOS 13 or above, enabling microphone permission is required in order to receive incoming phone calls to Pinger.
- Be sure to save your login credentials for future logins.
- Be sure to confirm that you have allowed notifications from the Pinger app so that you won't miss any calls or texts.
Questions? Submit a request.